EPC Project Manager
Job Title: EPC Project Manager
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: Director of Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 2023
Location: Houston, TX, Albany, NY or remote
This is a full-time, exempt position that will be reporting to the Director of Construction. Key Capture Energy is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will manage scope, schedule, budgets, and all contracts to deliver battery energy storage systems (BESS) across the U.S. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of being able to manage multiple tasks in a highly demanding environment.
• Manage all aspects of EPC contracts and subcontracts from inception to operations.
• Communicate project status with project teams, stakeholders, and sponsors.
• Identify and mitigate project risks.
• Develop fully integrated project schedule and updates as needed.
• Monitor all project activity including schedules, budget, and related items to ensure timely completion of assigned construction projects.
• Manage RFPs sent to contractors.
• Review subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout project lifecycle and negotiate appropriate charges with subcontractor.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Work with Development team to determine Project Capex.
• Ensure that project documentation is complete and accurate, including project reports and contracts.
• Works with site management to ensure construction is progressing as planned.
• All other duties as required.
Work Experience & Requirements:
• 5+ years in construction, electrical experience preferred.
• 2+ years of management experience.
• Candidates who have worked on the ground with a contractor are preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be available for domestic travel for meetings and for on-site support.
• Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
• Proficiency in project management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proven experience delivering time-pressured projects on-time and on-quality.
• Ability to work in a small team.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to stop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Must have the ability to identify and distinguish colors