Manager, Operations & Maintenance
Job Title: Manger, Operations & Maintenance
Department: Operations & Maintenance
Reports to: Director, Project Operations
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: May 2023
Location: Albany, NY or Buffalo, NY (or surrounding areas) Remote/Hybrid (within NYS)
This is a full-time, exempt position that will be reporting to the Director, Project Operations. Key Capture Energy is seeking an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manager that will be responsible for the safe and reliable operations of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in operations and maintenance, be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications and be able to work collaboratively with diverse development & construction teams across the organization.
• Responsible for the overall reliability, performance and compliance of the KCE’s BESS facilities in New York, State which shall include substations and applicable medium-voltage equipment, when and where installed;
• Ensure optimal BESS availability and state of health (degradation) in relation to use case of the facilities
• Coordinate third parties, integrators and manufacturers on required repairs, alarms and defects;
• Manage internal remote monitoring, physical operation and remote control of the Bfacilities;
• Play a key role in the company Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) program, both ensuring compliance and contributing to the continuous improvement of the program and culture within the organization;
• Review, develop and improve technical standards, maintenance guidelines and procedures, equipment manuals, outage procedures, operational protocols, environmental procedures, and other documents specifically dedicated to the energy storage business;
• Manage warranties, BESS components, substation equipment, medium voltage equipment, spare parts, 3rd party service providers/contracts and other tasks related to the maintenance and monitoring of the energy storage fleet;
• Participate in the review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFI), Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contracts for manufacturers, O&M providers, and vendors.
• Ensure implementation of and compliance with operational procedures;
• Participate in commissioning activities during construction to help ensure success and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition from construction and commissioning to operations;
• Ensure all training is current and make recommendations for new training opportunities;
• Coordinate as necessary with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the assets;
• Track all facility equipment and HSEQ issues internally and report accordingly;
• Ability and willingness to travel to KCE BESS facilities, including extensive driving obligations, as and when required.
• All other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• At least 3 years of O&M site level experience with High Voltage (HV), Medium Voltage (MV), and Love Voltage (LV) systems, BESS experience preferred;
• Solid technical background related to the battery storage or energy sector;
• Good knowledge of hardware and software utilized for asset monitoring are a plus;
• Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business;
• Proficient [knowledgeable] in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Ability to work in a small team;
• Strong organizational and time-management skills;
• Must be an excellent problem solver.
• Prolonged periods of working at a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Must have the ability to identify and distinguish colors